Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Morten, Farrah & Livi in the ICU (day 5)
Thank you so much for all your prayers and support! We can't believe the overwhelming comments on this site. You are amazing!

Morten is home now and we are starting to get back to "normal" everyday life. Whatever "normal" was anyway. Last Thursday i had my first run (5 miles). After 3 weeks of not running, it hurt -bad!

BUT.. if you have ever been through something like this, you don't care if it hurt's, you start out too fast, you puke, you get injuried... you just want to feel your heart beat, the sweat on your brow, those legs pump, and that magical feeling of "I'M ALIVE!"

Never have i needed that feeling so much in my life, as i do right now. Sometimes in my quiete moments i think i started running years ago to prepare for this very situation. When i run, i feel sane.. in the midst of all this chaos and insanity.


3 comments:

  1. Praise God! I am so encouraged to see your smiling face on this picture. Hope you are able to get out for those much needed runs and feel that surge of sanity.
    I love your 5k moonlight run at dawn. Those are the best!

    Still praying for full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you are all home now. Yes, I know that feeling all too well... the NEED to run! I, also, am still keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank heavens! I am so happy to read this, you've been on my mind and in my prayers constantly. Seriously, crying tears of joy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete