Thursday, July 26, 2012
A New World
You entered a new world. A world that you had no idea existed. I entered into this world with my feet on the ground and smiling.
Now i have entered into another world. YOGA. I had my reservations. My past misconceptions of yoga fell into 5 categories.
1. You had to have a pony tail (male or female).
2. You must be a 'hippie' at heart and want world peace at all times.
3. You liked bending your body into uncomfortable pretzles.
4. It's JUST light stretching or kinda like Zumba (a fun sport).
5. You must give up alcohol, worldy possesions and negative relationships to practice yoga.
Ha! Well that's a laugh. After my first week of Ashtanga Yoga Training i can now see that yoga is so much more. It's an art form, a balance of breath, bandha's (3 secret locks), and your gaze (drishti). It has nothing to do with pony tails, world peace, and pretzles.
It is science that is 5,000 years old that doctors today are starting to examine because people are begining to be cured or feel relief from depression, parkinson's desease, high blood pressure, weight loss.. and on and on.
I never in my wildest dreams, thought i could be apart of something this big.. i just thought i enjoyed running and wanted to run.
What new world could you be exploring right now -instead of being on your computer??