Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Enjoying the little things

Livi on her new bike
Growing up in sunny California had it's upside. My childhood was magical. Chasing the ice-cream truck, eating a half melted push-up pop on the hot curb, watching Dukes of Hazards and Little House On The Prairie, and riding bikes until dusk with my big brother. Riding bikes was a huge part of my childhood.

That brings me to our new purchase for Livi... a new bike. A new bike for a 6 year old is like getting a new car for an adult. It's a big deal! I am so happy to be able to give my children the same things that made me happy in my childhood. Bikes, toys and treats... they are all great, but my favorite memories are when my mom whispered in my ear, "I love you -i will always love you."

A bike can't beat that!

Livi & Farrah
My Own Calcutta: Enjoying the simple things... like a new bike or an out-of-the-blue "I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment