Saturday, April 14, 2012

First Place in Timp Shadow 5k!!

 It was an icy cold trail race, but worth fighting the wind to win first place in my age group (30-39 years) and 4th overall in the womans.Timp Shadow is the first of three trail races through the Wasatch mountains. It was a beautiful run, but boy did my lungs sting from the elevation. I havn't been consistantly training in the mountains for about a month and when we hit 5,500 feet i couldn't catch my breath for anything. Luckily it was only a 5k.

This race was the "baby" of the 3. Next race is Gruesome Grizzly 10k and it sounds like a mean mother.

I'd love to give 100% to trail running but i've got 5 triathlons coming up and i need to put all my eggs in one basket for now. Trail racing will just have to be on my list as "fun runs".

I love going out for a "fun" race and winning. Has that ever happened to you?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the AG win! That's fantastic :)
    Have fun with the tri training :)

    ReplyDelete