Saturday, June 4, 2011

Only 7 days until the big day!

I feel like a little kid before Christmas morning.
Then i get this knott in my stomach and think "am i prepared for this?"
26.2 miles is a beast, and in 7 days i am going to tame it.
I have two goals in mind. My first, 3:50. If i can't make that, then anything below 4:10.

I talked to my edurance trainer and she said, keep doing CrossFit but don't push. Back off a little and don't give it your all this week. Conserve energy, repair muscles, relax.

Here is my self-made week before marathon plan

Sunday: Church -pray to the holy lord above for endurance, speed, and peace.
Monday: CrossFit and Protein Load (45%) WATER
Tuesday: CrossFit, CrossFit endurance and Protein Load (45%) WATER

Wednesday: CrossFit, light and easy 3 miles, Protein Load (75%) WATER

Thursday: Rest day and Protein Load (100%) WATER
Friday: Morning sprints (25 minutes) then Carb Load all day baby! Olive garden here i come! Alot of WATER mixed with electrolytes.
Saturday: Race Day! Protein shake, Peanut Butter and jelly sandwich, then a lara bar on the bus.

Any tips for my first marathon. And if ONE more person says, "just have fun", i am going to kill them. :)

1 comment:

  1. I always tell people to have fun, but I won't this time. I can't wait to see you at the finish. You are a rockstar with your goals!! You will be amazing.

    You have really prepared, and it will show on race day!

    ReplyDelete