Monday, May 21, 2012

Woman of Steel Triathlon

Swim: 300 m Bike: 13 miles Run: 3 miles

Yup -it was amazing!! My first triathlon and i smiled through the whole thing. I finished in 1 hour and 24 minutes and took #37 in my age group. Out of 900 woman i took #164 place. I am amazed at what my body can do. I LOVE MY BODY!!!!!

I pushed through the run even though my injuries were in a constant nagging state. My ankle hurt through the run, but my torn glute, which i thought would be the worst, seemed to hold up the best. Go figure.

I PR'd on my 5k (23:57) with a possible stress fracture. I'll find out tonight when i get the x-ray if it's a strained muscle or fracture. Let's pray for the first one!

My next triathlon is in 9 days and i'm freakin a little. Just a bit. I've never done an open water swim and i can't help but think it's going to be tough.

A few of us are headed out tomorrow morining on Utah Lake at 6am for our first open swim. If you don't hear back from me in a few days... call 911!!









No comments:

Post a Comment