Saturday, February 19, 2011

13.1

Leapin' lizards! 13.1 this morning.

I ventured out on a cold rainy morning with my new amphipod, a honey stinger and my nano.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect. The longest i've ever run is 11. When i ran 11 miles last Saturday my legs were jello by mile 10. I didn't know if i could make it.
But this morning i kept telling myself.. no failure farrah. It's not an option.

My hard hitting hills are luckily early on in the run (about mile 6). After i powered through that last hill, i got scared to death by another runner who came up on my right side. She politely pointed to the ground in front of me. I assume in running edicate this means, i will be placing my feet here and running in front of you.

I don't know what came over me because i felt as if she was saying, "i will be passing you because you are slower than molasses and i am faster... hahahaha (evil laugh)!" I was pissed.
I ran to the nearest gas station. Popped the honey stinger gel in my mouth, threw it in the garbage, took a few swigs of water, and hammered it.

I don't know if it was the gel or the lady but i hammered through the next 6 miles with ease. By mile 13, my legs were beyond jello. I was wet, cold, and i wanted food. I kept running even though my legs were screaming, "stop, stop!". My time: 2:03.

I am beyond proud.
My own calcutta today was... running 13.1 miles with an awe and respect for my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment