Friday, February 18, 2011

Redemption

Today was redemption.
After a 2 day break from training, it was time to get back on the horse. Valentines day threw me for a loop. I only had 3 miles to run, but did I? Ofcourse not. I ended up spending a cozy night curled up to husband, The Bachelor and a box of chocolates.
Now 8 weeks into my marathon training, i feel as though i am slipping. It's not perfect. That irritates me.
For some reason when my running plan says 3 miles, 6 miles, 11 miles, well I have to run it or it is not perfection. I am slowly trying to let go of this thought process.

I keep asking myself this, "Farrah was that bigmac you devoured on wednesday in 4 seconds flat, perfection?
No, no it wasn't.



Todays run was goooood. It was uncomfortable to run 7mph for 3 miles. I need to be uncomfortable or i will never get out of my 10 minute mile rut. It felt nice to be pushed.

I went by runners corner today . Wow -what friendly people! I went in for a hand held water bottle and gel, and ended up with a form class. She said you are video taped on an indoor track, running with shoes, and then barefoot and then back to the store to disect your form.
I hope they don't disect the celulite on my legs!?!?

My own calcutta today was... joining a running form class.

No comments:

Post a Comment